Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Season has Begun

The Braves are off and running and off to a disapointing 0-2 start but no worries just yet as they have 160 games to right the ship.

I had the good fortune to attend the opening home game for the Braves last night and although the outcome was not the desired one, a good time was had by all. Tom Glavine was back in a Braves uniform and looked pretty good on the mound. The crowd was much more supportive than I thought they might be with the exception of a good friend of mine who booed the living hell out of old Thomas. The disgust on people's faces as he booed Glavine and heckled him about being an AARP member is something I will not soon forget. Apparently Pittsburgh has fans as well as there was a group of 5 or 6 real winners cheering for the Pirates like it was the World Series. I have a feeling our group was about 2 beers shy each of causing a real flap with them but since we were moderately sober, nothing ensued.

The frustration of Manny Acosta's poor outing made us decide it was time to leave the game before the real fireworks began in the bottom of the 9th. I must say that had we stayed in the stadium, that would not have happened-Braves fans owe us for that. I heard the comeback on the radio and saw the replay, amazing. But in true 2008 fashion, we gave up another extra inning homer, I'm definitely glad I was not in the stadium for that.

Anyway, Spring means Braves baseball and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully, the boys will start putting together some wins so heading down to the 'Ted' will be more fun.

One final note...The beer vendors in the outfield all ran out of Miller Lite in the 6th inning, if they want my business they had better fix that ASAP. I'm not nearly as effective a fan drinking Bud Select.

No comments: