Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And now...the finale. Oh and other stuff too

After a very frustrating UGA season where expectations were not met, we now are about to close out the regular season.

I'm not saying this has been a bad year, can't complain about 10 wins but my main gripe has been the fact that I finish every game feeling like we could've played much better. I just feel we have so much talent and the right coaches to really be a much stronger team. That being said though, we've been decimated with injuries and 2 gut wrenching blowouts yet have still managed to take care of the rest of our schedule. Let's hope we can finish it off right with 2 more wins.

Now I'm not even close to being 100% correct with my opinions or predictions on anything but I'd say my initial gut feeling is right quite often. The past 2 seasons I verbalized my gut feelings about the Florida game and was correct both years. This year against Alabama I had a negative vibe, I still thought we'd win but something was there deep inside my 'chi'. I say all this because that feeling of misery and doubt has again creeped inside me this week as we host the biggest bunch of Nerds this side of Mars. I don't want to say I think we'll lose but I just have a bad feeling. Our defense has been nothing short of inconsistent and our offense has issues finishing drives. I'd love to think we'll have this corrected by Saturday but I just don't know. I fear that we may need to summon the ghost of Reggie Ball to help us pull out a victory, but we shall see.

I've had difficulty summoning the passion to write about UGA football lately but it is never far from my mind. As we near the finish of this year we face the uncertainty of this year's "Who's Staying/Who's Going?". I pray that both Knowshon and Stafford stay for a potential run at a title next year but I'm not holding my breath. With the rookie salaries in the NFL likely to dwindle after this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both gone. I have another 'gut' feeling that Stafford is the more likely to stay but again, who knows? I can't talk about it anymore, it's making me upset.

And now I'd love to share a random thought/idea of how to enhance the human experience. Given that this would likely be considered a hazard and highly illegal by law enforcement, I can only offer this idea as a hypothetical but I would secretly support it to the max should any loon actually put it into action.

The idea is this: 'Interstate Dance Party'
Many Americans sit in gridlock traffic on our highways on a daily basis. Many of these highways have 4-6 foot median walls that could easily be stood or even danced on. It would provide me, and I imagine many others, much pleasure to see a group of activists attempt to cheer up the traffic by having an interpretive dance party on the median walls. Granted, this may cause accidents but I certainly would look forward to my commute knowing that some broke hippie may be waiting to entertain me through the art of dance on my way home. This really is hard to explain my vision of how humorous this would be, hopefully some of it came through.

One final thought/story/rant:

I'm walking through a Mall food court last week and pass a black gentleman as he approaches a black female pushing a stroller. I am right beside him as he smiles at her, a total stranger, and says "Change is Coming" and continues walking. It is certainly understandable for there to be excitement that a black man has been elected President, but how pathetic is it that people like this guy are so focused on race that they feel the need to say something like that to a stranger who just happens to be the same race as him (3 weeks after the election no less). Our country will never move past these issues until people realize a few things:
-We are all human
-We are all equal
-People can't help what color they are born-you can only help how you act
-You can't change the past, just affect the future
-Asian people hate us all, don't trust them

God Bless.

No comments: