Monday, May 19, 2008

Success at a Price

Well, the goal this weekend was to attend Saturday night's Braves game but getting tickets turned out to be quite an issue. We waited to get tickets at the gate and paid the price for it, the lihne extended for probably a 1/4 mile and it was decided that it was not worth it to wait in that line. Thus we ended up at a restaurant to watch the game.

Redemption came yesterday though as a last minute decision to attend the Sunday afternoon game was rewarded with a win. Jo Jo Reyes looked pretty good again and the Braves got a win. Frenchy still sucks, his poor play is beginning to become a problem and its really annoying me. Frenchy makes so many poor decisions at the plate, I think thats why he frustrates me so much.

We did sit in the 'Chop-House' during yesterdays game which was pretty enjoyable. We had a man-waiter bringing us beer all day, nothing better than that. Unfortunately, no Miller Lite on draft so I had to drink Bud Lite-I wasn't happy about it but I felt I had no choice. Apparently the Oakland A's do have some fans in Atlanta as quite a few were at yesterdays game. I never realized the trashiness of the A's fans, but they are quite the sight. One lovely young lady decided to wear some shorts that were about 4 sizes to small with a nice green tank top that was also way too small. She had fat rolls coming out everywhere, I literally almost vomited. As always w/ people like her, she thought she was hot. She strutted around like she owned Turner Field and kept her head high as if every guy was checking her out. Don't get me wrong, most guys would still hit it but it wasn't a pretty sight.

Now the Braves have got a pretty big stretch coming this week. The Mets come in town tomorrow and then the Diamondbacks this weekend. My record for the year is at a solid 5-2 and talks have begun to trying to stretch it to 6-2 tomorrow night. Nothing beats heckling Mets fans so it might get pretty ugly.

No comments: