Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quit Hating on People, People

I wanted to talk about UGA football today but Trinton Sturdivant, our best offensive lineman, got hurt so I don't feel like it anymore. From what I'm seeing it appears the Bulldog Nation is freaking out. This annoys me because we have great depth and talent at OL and probably have the best OL coach in the country. While this does hurt, I would not go as far as to call it a catastrophe. I'm sure more fans have a decent perspective than I've been seeing but a lot of the stuff I've been reading today is ridiculous. We as fans need to understand that we are indeed 'fans'-not experts, coaches, part of the team, and that there is no award for being 'the biggest fan'. And mark my words, people who try to be 'the biggest fan' probably aren't life-long UGA fans, real fans or alumni, and are potentially band-wagon fans who aren't quite as vocal or interested during down years.

Anyway, there is more to discuss but like I said, I don't feel like it.

Instead I'd like to discuss one of the 5 greatest actors of the last 30 years, Tom Cruise. The one time 'biggest star' in Hollywood has now been relegated to some sort of laughing stock. I honestly do not understand why people have such hatred for the man. People hate his religion, his views on worldly topics, his personal life, and more recently have begun to attack his acting. I can appreciate that people don't like his personal life, it is not a lifestyle most people can comprehend or relate with. What I do not get is why his acting seems to have been under attack. Not even 5 years ago he was widely considered a top actor, now he's viewed as a former 'box-office draw'. It's one thing to say he's gay or something b/c you're jealous of all the women he's had and his current wife, but to question a legend like Tom's acting...absurd.

Top Gun
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
Jerry Maguire
Magnolia
The Last Samurai
Mission Impossible I and III

And these are just a few classic performances...

The man is a superstar and I don't care about actors or athletes personal lives. I am a man who appreciates talent and Tom Cruise has more than enough to go around. Just look at this picture, it tells all you need to know about Tom, a simple fact that should be evident to anyone...T.C.'s game is pimp-tight.

No comments: