Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 2


Another week, another impressive UGA victory.

Central Michigan is not a bad football team but UGA was the far superior team on Saturday. We came out strong again w/ Stafford and the offense looking very sharp and continued moving the ball consistently all day. Knowshown again looked fantastic and picked up 3 more TD's to bring him to 6 through just 2 games. I doubt he will win the Heisman Trophy but if he keeps this kind of play up he will definitely be in New York for the ceremony. His vision and quickness are an absolute treat to watch, every time he touches the ball its all 'oohs and aahs'. I was also quite impressed w/ Mo-Mass, he made a great adjustment on his first TD catch to come back to the ball and turned on the speed on his 2nd. Having a 'go-to' receiver will be a major comfort for Stafford in tight games later on down the line.

The defense was again solid this week. I wouldn't call it a spectacular effort but we held a good offense to less than 20 points. I felt Martinez called a very conservative game again and in my opinion it was too conservative at times. We seemed to be in a lot of zone coverage against lesser athletes-that never makes sense, but we won and probably didn't show too much so I won't complain. I think we'll know a lot more about our defense in 2 weeks after facing a decent SEC opponent and an upper-echelon PAC 10 team. I pray that we blitz the living hell out of USC next week and just play man outside. I don't think any of USC's QB's will be able to consistently get the ball out on time or accurately if we bring the heat.

And now it feels as if our season is truly beginning. No more cupcakes, every team we play from here on out could potentially beat us if we do not show up. 10 games in 12 weeks will decide whether or not this will be a season to remember. I anticipate we will start strong in game 1 on Saturday afternoon vs. USC, I envision a quasi-blowout with us putting up somewhere around 40 points.

No comments: